Posted on | April 1, 2010 | 10 Comments
Happy April Fool’s Day, All! I thought momentarily about trying to pull a fun prank but I just don’t have the energy. And I had a good post all picked out but it needed a very important photo and, well, Blogger is having photo upload issues.
I’ve really really enjoyed reading Lydia and Kate’s top ten lists this week (If you’re not following them over at Rants from Mommyland, something is terribly wrong with you. I don’t even mind if you leave here now and go read their blog… it’s that good.) So in their honor, here’s my top ten things you never knew you wanted to know about Law Momma. Yeah, I’ve given lists before… but at least these are new things! 🙂 And give me a break… I’ve had a sick kid for five days!
10. I know all the words to Shag and Steel Magnolias and I totally mouth them through the entire movies and watch how other people who haven’t seen the movies react to them. No one likes watching either one with me anymore.
9. I have an unnatural obsession with Jimmy Stewart. Like, I’m seriously convinced we were meant to be soulmates only I was born too late.
8. When I was six, I cried for two days after seeing a local production of The Little Mermaid because the girl who played the lead was really pretty and didn’t have freckles and it made me sad that I wasn’t as pretty as her because of my freckles. I remember my mother rocking me in the big wooden rocking chair we had and telling me that she probably DID have freckles but they were covered by the makeup she wore for the show.
7. My mother always wanted all of us to take piano lessons because she never did. My sister and brother were both really good at it, but I would use my “practice time” to bang on the keys and yell “I HATE PIANO” until she would let me stop “practicing.”
6. I love soccer so much that I didn’t try out for the high school soccer team because I was terrified I wasn’t good enough to make it.
5. All my friends are uncomfortably pretty. Seriously. They would piss me off if they weren’t my friends. At my wedding, my father-in-law made the comment that I had the prettiest group of bridesmaids he’d ever seen. I don’t know why, I guess I just like pretty people.
4. The first time I ever used a tampon (in high school, mind you) I didn’t know how to use it so I left the applicator in. I was convinced for a while after that people who used tampons were CRAZY.
3. If wine didn’t exist, I would totally have to invent it because I CAN. NOT. LIVE. WITH. OUT. IT. Seriously. Thanks, Grapes. (shout out to the Twitter crew for this one…)
2. I am completely terrified of public speaking despite being a moot court champ in law school and now, clearly, a lawyer.
1. I had a massive. MASSIVE panic attack on the day of J’s birth and ended up having to be totally sedated for my c-section. (story for another day)
Sorry guys, I know this is a bit of a cop out post, but I’m exhausted and even thinking of this hurt my brain. So happy Thursday and stay tuned for something fabulous from Mandy at Harper’s Happenings tomorrow!