Delayed Posting

Posted on | April 14, 2010 | 11 Comments

Sorry this post is so late in the day. All I have to say about that is ARRRRRRRGH. It has been SUCH a day today I can’t even tell you. First, J didn’t sleep last night. At all. Well, that’s not true, but he did cry from about 6 until he passed out around 9:30. And did I say cry? I meant scream. Or wail. Or maybe shriek.  He was… unhappy.

So today I called Dr. Bob and set up an appointment for Husband (who is still on FMLA… for laryngitis) to take J to the doctor just to make sure this is teething and not the ears again. I would have taken him myself but I was supposed to meet with a witness for an upcoming trial (not next week’s trial) out of town. Supposed to was the key word in that sentence.

I drove the thirty minutes to the podunk town where this guy works. I called his cell phone when I got there, as requested. He didn’t answer so I left a message with my cell number and asked him to call me back. I waited. I waited some more. And yep… waited. After thirty minutes, I called again and politely left a message saying that I had tried to keep our appointment but “perhaps” I had written down the wrong day. I then drove back to the office. And oh yeah, for my trouble? I got doughnuts. Cause I needed them. And because the Hot Doughnuts Now sign was lit up at Krispy Kreme. (That thing is the devil.)

I got back to the office and was here about thirty minutes when my phone rang. It was the cleaning ladies. Husband had gone to take J to the doctor and had not left a key for them to get in the house. I had to leave again to let them in… and put the dog up. *sigh* Then Husband called to tell me the doctor had seen J. His ears are bad. Again. If they’re still bad the next time we bring him in, we’re looking at tubes.

And oh yeah, bonus? We have to take J for a chest x-ray this afternoon because Dr. Bob wants to rule out respiratory infections. Fun times. When, oh when, will I adequately prepare for trial???

Bonus? I got a sample dress from the good folks at http://www.eshakti.com/. It’s fabulous and I’m going to review it for you soon with lots of fun pictures. But until then, I’m going to “tease” with one hysterical picture that makes me look like a “real” lawyer. It also makes me look older than I am, I think. And sidenote? I don’t wear glasses. I borrowed those from the receptionist. And that book? I don’t know what it says. But check out the cute dress… more on that later.

Comments

11 Responses to “Delayed Posting”

1. Bethany
    April 14th, 2010 @ 4:26 pm

Awwwww i'm sorry your little one has bad ear infections! At target they sell infant ear drops by hylands it's homopathic and i've heard it works.
    Tubes help! My little cousin had terrible ear infections when he was little and now never gets them!

2. JillyB
    April 14th, 2010 @ 4:31 pm

Love the dress! Sorry about J's ears…we went through that, but tubes and removal of Big Time's adenoids were miraculous! I've heard Tea Tree Oil helps the ears as well.

3. Rebekah @ Mom-In-A-Million
    April 14th, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

Oh, honey, you will not regret tubes if you get them. The procedure is super easy – it takes about 8 minutes. The scary part is the anesthesia. Try to find a hospital where they let you stay with J until he falls asleep. The recovery time is zero – C was at the park by the afternoon of the day he got tubes. His overall health improved after the tubes, his speech took off (the goo in his ears had affected his hearing so he was starting to fall behind) and he's only had one ear infection in the year since we got them and we could treat it with drops instead of oral anitbiotics. Also, the infection manifested as a cold with ear drainage, not screaming for hours at bedtime. MUCH easier to diagnose and treat.

April 14th, 2010 @ 6:48 pm

Love the dress! I think we should all get dresses. It makes things happier.

Sorry about the ears though. My mom swears by ear candling. It's kind of new age-y but my sis had bad ears as a kid and ended up not needing tubes. Not sure how well a 7.5 month old would do with it though…

5. Diana
    April 14th, 2010 @ 7:02 pm

That sucks! Cute dress though. 🙂 I hope his ears get better, don't you wish you could just have the Dr. not wait on things like this "till next time"?

6. Sarah
    April 14th, 2010 @ 10:13 pm

Yeah that really sucks and I do love the dress…I hadn't heard anything about the tubes but I love reading all the mama tips. I am new to blogging – I started because I just opened a new baby bedding boutique…glad I found your blog. I love it! Hope you stop by and give me some blogger love! I love your blog design too!

7. MrsPatterson
    April 14th, 2010 @ 11:56 pm

That dress is great! And so sorry to hear about your poor little guy. Sick babies are the worst. I hope you are able to resolve his issues, get some sleep and prepare for your trial!

8. Eliza
    April 15th, 2010 @ 12:25 am

Oh no! That sounds like a lot on your plate right now. I am truly sorry (but not for the donuts….because those are soooo deserved). I hope J gets better. You look wicked hawt and smaht in the pic!

9. kris
    April 15th, 2010 @ 4:04 am

Your day makes me feel soooooo tired, so I can imagine how exhausted you must be. Sick babies are never ever fun, and ear infections hurt! Poor baby.
    Is that a white dress? WHITE? You're a beautiful but crazy woman.

10. Cindy
    April 15th, 2010 @ 6:23 am

I am sorry about J's ears!! Not fun at all!! The donuts sound good!!

11. Janelle
    April 15th, 2010 @ 9:01 am

Totally impressed that you are wearing a white dress. It looks awesome!

I hope the wee one feels better!