Gooooooood Morning, Blogosphere!

Posted on | April 24, 2010 | 8 Comments

Phew. I had a crappy week. You might have noticed the lack of interesting things to say? That was because this week quite literally kicked my booty. I went into the week thinking it would be a cake walk for the following reasons:

1. My trial that I was all hyped up about here got settled;
2. I was leaving early on Friday to head to the in-law’s house;
3. J was on week two of antibiotics so he was feeling less… snotty.

Here are the reasons it turned out less than stellar:

1. My boss told me I need to be billing more hours;
2. My boss told me I need to be billing more hours;
3. I am happily at my in-law’s house, but also currently NOT at the bachelorette weekend for one of my best friends on the planet due to finances and location;
4. I was unable to participate in the awesomeness that was T-Box Taste Test;
5. My boss told me I need to be billing more hours;
6. My kid is inexplicably sleeping LESS than the week before.

So yeah. Not the happy go lucky week I imagined. Instead, I was scrounging around trying to bill more hours than I really have to bill and feeling a little worried that maybe he was hinting that my job is at stake. Meanwhile I was so sleep deprived that I was tripping over the bags under my eyes when I walked.

I’m also pretty sure that the amount of caffeine I had to ingest just to function had a negative effect on J’s sleeping. It’s a vicious cycle.

And now I’m sitting in my in-law’s house while they happily play with my son who I love dearly but who I am ready to get away from even if it’s just for a few hours at the Mall of Georgia. Ahhh… shopping mecca. Too bad we have no money to spend. Maybe it’ll be free sample day at Ghirardelli AND at Pottery Barn.

Regardless, I’m glad for this week to be over. I’m holding out hope that next week will be killer because, well, I have Ask Me Anything questions to answer AND I’m going on an adventure. Stay tuned for details but suffice to say my adventure includes a road trip, some “Real Life” friends, and an epic meeting that will include some of the funniest women on the planet who I CAN. NOT. WAIT. to meet. I will just say this… What the Blair?

In the meantime? Don’t forget to enter to win $40 towards free clothes!

Comments

8 Responses to “Gooooooood Morning, Blogosphere!”

1. Not There Yet
    April 24th, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

Well, its now on to the weekend!
    Better luck next week….

2. ~*Jess*~
    April 24th, 2010 @ 9:40 pm

Bummer. Billable hours scare me. Maybe that is why I work for the state. Hope you let them give you a minute with J so you can relax and recharge!

April 25th, 2010 @ 12:19 am

I am raising a glass to you. I had a similar work scare recently but couldn't blog about it bc my boss is one of my best friends and reads my blog. Awkward. So, I feel you and am toasting you. Cheers!

4. Diana
    April 25th, 2010 @ 1:23 am

If you get to meet Blair I will just tell you right now that my jealousy meter of you will shoot clear through the roof.

Lawyer – check.
    Adorable – check.
    Sweet – check.
    Great blogger – check.
    GETS TO MEET BLAIR – ???

Love you lady! Have a fantastic time on your trip and catch up on some sleep.

5. kris
    April 25th, 2010 @ 5:10 am

Here's hoping it's free stuff (never mind the samples) day at the mall, and that they hand you a complimentary glass of wine on your way in. What a shitty week! Here's hoping next week will be much much better.

6. Melodramommy
    April 25th, 2010 @ 6:27 am

I sooooo hope you have a better week this next week. I give you so much credit for working full time and being a full time mommy. I know what you mean on needing more caffeine

I gave you an award on my blog, april 21 post. I hope that somehow lifts your spirit–the idea that other moms in the blog world are following you, love your blog, and validate you. I'm one of many : )

7. Rebekah @ Mom-In-A-Million
    April 25th, 2010 @ 11:37 am

If Pottery Barn starts giving out free samples, I would die of happiness.

Hang in there! The weekend is almost over. Can you sleep in the car on the way back?

8. Jenny
    April 26th, 2010 @ 9:10 pm

"What the Blair?" Hahahahaha! I love it! I can't wait to meet YOU!