J with Great-Granny

Posted on | April 30, 2010 | 10 Comments

My father’s mother will be 94 on Monday. She is, quite simply, everything a Southern grandmother (who isn’t Paula Deen) should be… she is hilarious, feisty, a phenomenal cook, and most importantly, she loves her family fiercely. I love her so much and I’m so grateful to be able to share these types of small moments with her and J. It means so much to see her with my son… what a gift. It’s really a small price to pay to deal with a screaming child for a couple of hours when this is the end result.

Comments

10 Responses to “J with Great-Granny”

1. Raising Madison
    April 30th, 2010 @ 12:01 pm

How sweet is this video??? My goodness. It is so wonderful for them to have great grandparents. Madison gets to see her great grandmother a few times per month and I am so thankful for that!

April 30th, 2010 @ 12:56 pm

How lucky! So glad you got these moments (and that you've posted them as well.)

3. Sara
    April 30th, 2010 @ 2:21 pm

LOVE THIS! These moments are so precious for everyone… and that you got it on video means J will ALWAYS know how much his great granny loves him!

4. Cybil
    April 30th, 2010 @ 3:46 pm

This is awesome! To have these videos of J with his great granny is just priceless! We have tried to take many pictures and videos of our kids with their GG – it's so cool that they are able to know and appreciate her!

5. Rebekah @ Mom-In-A-Million
    April 30th, 2010 @ 7:41 pm

Awwwwwwww!!!!!!

6. Momma K
    May 1st, 2010 @ 2:19 am

Love this!
    I nominated your blog for an award on my blog…come on by and check it out!

7. amy
    May 1st, 2010 @ 11:14 am

so sweet. so very sweet.
    we are lucky to still have her, and to have her still be so sassy 🙂

8. Diana
    May 2nd, 2010 @ 4:43 am

Very special. Bella has a great, great grandmother who is 94 this year. The pictures of them together are priceless. It's neat you did this for him so he'll always know who she is. And I'm sure she just was head over heals for him.

9. JDaniel4's Mom
    May 2nd, 2010 @ 10:12 am

I have an award for you. Please stop by and pick it up. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

10. zookeeperjess
    May 2nd, 2010 @ 3:08 pm

Seriously too darn sweet. How awesome is that they get those moments together. Definitely cherished memories!