This week may be a little different…

Posted on | May 24, 2010 | 8 Comments

I have a busy week.

Honest. I’m not just saying that! Today I am over in Columbus for a depo at 10 and a mediation at noon. Then tomorrow I have to take J back to the geneticist in Atlanta. Then Wednesday? Back in Columbus.

Why am I telling you this? Because it means that my blogging may be… sparse.
I need to find a way to regroup when I have weeks like last week and now this one but I just don’t know how. I have been working my butt off at work lately, going in at 7:30 and working through lunch. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot to “big firm” lawyers, but for me? That’s a lot. I billed over 8 hours a day every day last week and this week doesn’t look to have a lot of reprieve. I just want two weeks on a deserted island. No wait… not deserted. There would need to be a bartender. And liquor. And also a pool because swimming in the ocean makes me a little squeamish about fish getting places where fish shouldn’t be. Plus, I don’t really like the feeling of wet mushy sand under my feet. Although wet mushy sand is better than the wet goopy mud at the bottom of a lake… but I digress.

The point of all this?  Maybe you can forgive me for not having much to say this week? It’s actually Sunday night right now and I have… nothing more to say. I’ll fill you in on Monday evening about my oh-so-eventful trip to Columbus where I FINALLY get to have Red Robin. Honestly? I’ve been craving it like a pregnant lady and pickles since my trip up to Charlotte. Not sure if I miss the boca burger or the company of my e-friends… guess I’ll know tomorrow afternoon!

Sorry to be boring today… you’ll live. Happy Monday!

(And PS? I’m sorry if I don’t do a lot of blog visiting this week. Time will be short. I’ll catch up on the long weekend though, promise!)

Comments

8 Responses to “This week may be a little different…”

1. Kim
    May 24th, 2010 @ 12:23 pm

Hope your week goes well and J's appointment eases your mind 🙂 Thinking of you!

May 24th, 2010 @ 1:08 pm

We definitely need a swim up bar at work. I think it would vastly improve team cohesiveness.

Good luck this week!

3. criticalcrass
    May 24th, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

oooh. i love me some red robin. yum!

i hope the week goes by quickly!

4. Lo
    May 24th, 2010 @ 1:36 pm

I like to attribute Red Robin visits to my kids, because somehow it seems more acceptable to go if "they beg." But I love it too! And – being a Stay-at-Home-Lawyer like myself – billing 8 hrs every day sounds AWFUL! Can't imagine being at a firm that required 2100 billables/yr. YIKES!

5. ARob
    May 24th, 2010 @ 4:43 pm

Hey lady!! I know the feeling when it gets busy at work and long days make it so hard!! As for blogging, I scheduled three days worth of blog posts over the weekend (I just discovered this feature, and I l-o-v-e it!! Good luck with your trip, depos & mediations!

6. Diana
    May 24th, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

We'll miss you but we'll hang in there. 😉 You'll do great, good luck with everything and send me some of that Red Robin if you think of it. I mean, 2-3 days in a box – it'll still taste great right?

7. Christine
    May 25th, 2010 @ 5:18 am

That does sound busy! Hope everything goes well this week!

8. Steph
    May 25th, 2010 @ 3:57 pm

I hope you have a good week and are able to get some sleep in there because that schedule sounds grueling and I can't imagine it on no sleep! I've never had Red Robin, never seen one! I guess I must be missing out?!