Law Momma’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Week.

Posted on | May 28, 2010 | 12 Comments

Sometimes you just have those weeks. The ones where everything seems to go wrong. The ones where you want to call it quits, stay in bed, lock the doors and unplug every phone. Ever.

This has definitely been one of those weeks. An “Alexander” week if you will.

To be fair, I went into the week with a bad attitude. I was dreading being on the road all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I was dreading taking J to the Geneticist. I was dreading Husband having Friday off and me having to work. I was dreading talking to my house cleaners about doing a better job (Damn. Just remembered this one. I still haven’t done it.). Maybe by dreading this week so much, I jinxed myself into having one of the worst weeks ever.

On top of everything else, THIS was the week that I let my kid roll off the bed. This was a week where my poor kid spiked a fever of 104, still had to go to Emory and get blood drawn and came home looking like a mini Heroin addict with all the bruises on his arms. This was also the that one of my best friends at work put in her notice to go to another firm. Maybe next time I have the feeling that a week is going to be tough, I should just call in sick to work and hibernate in my room until the feeling passes.

And if one more thing happens to upset me? I may lock myself away in a room with a stack of library books and a stash of chocolate and wine. So if you’ve got bad news? Save it for next week, okay?

In order to get the weekend off to a good start, I’m going to change my attitude and think of somethings that I’m thankful for this week. It might be tough, but here goes…
1. I’m thankful for my co-worker who stepped up and took my Wednesday deposition for me so I could stay home and let J roll off the bed care for my sick kid.
2. I’m thankful for a fairly good report from the genetics department.
3. I’m thankful that Kristin isn’t mad at me for STILL not mailing her giveaway winnings.
4. I’m thankful my pants still fit despite the fact that I ate Subway for breakfast and still immediately shoved a Honey Bun in my mouth when I got to the office.
5. I’m thankful for diet coke.
6. I’m thankful that I don’t live in a dry county and I can leave work early and go have a beer with my friend who is leaving me as the lone female associate at my law firm. (sort of)

And last but not least, I’m thankful for the mileage checks I got this week because they are helping to pay for my wine addiction.

I feel better already! Happy Friday!!

Comments

12 Responses to “Law Momma’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Week.”

1. ~*Jess*~
    May 28th, 2010 @ 12:49 pm

Oh what a week!! I'm sorry. But look. It's Friday and you've got two "home days" ahead of you. I hope they are great ones!!!!!!!!!!

2. Kim
    May 28th, 2010 @ 1:23 pm

Hope you have a great weekend! Snuggle J and the hubs!

3. disastersindomesticity
    May 28th, 2010 @ 1:52 pm

So sorry you had a bad week! Hope the weekend is better.

4. hotpants™
    May 28th, 2010 @ 3:01 pm

We just discovered that Subway serves breakfast. My husband is a fan, but so far I'm not.

Stopping by from SITS!

5. Angie
    May 28th, 2010 @ 3:28 pm

Oh, that sounds horrible!

Your child rolling off the bed does NOT make you a bad mother. It's happened to most of us. Really. My son rolled off the top of a dresser where I was changing him (same scenario–reached for the Diaper Champ and BOOM, there he went). Just like your situation, he calmed down pretty quickly, but I was an absolute mess. Hysterical tears, calls to my mother, the works.

Found your blog via Twitter (somebody's #FF, I think maybe TamingInsanity?). So glad I did. I'm your newest follower. Love your writing and your honesty. I'm a SAHM to twins and a recovering lawyer. I don't know how you practice full time and juggle everything else! I'm so impressed.

And seriously, keep repeating it to yourself until you believe it, accidents happen, and kids are more durable than we think, and J's falling was not your fault. It's ok.

Can't wait to read more from you!

6. Angie
    May 28th, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

Oh, and the fact that you have Annelle's quote in your header makes me super-heart your blog.

"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion!"

7. Eliza
    May 28th, 2010 @ 3:50 pm

Well, here's to the holiday weekend! I hope it's a good one filled with lots of wine, chocolate, a healthy babe, and FUN!

Sorry about the tough week.

8. Erika - MommyBurgh
    May 29th, 2010 @ 1:16 am

Wow. I have no words of wisdom because I have gone through none of that. But honestly, good for you for finding the little silver linings in all the madness!

oh and K and I love reading that book. It was always one of my favorites!

May 29th, 2010 @ 7:52 am

I am a firm believer that diet coke solves all problems. That or a good book-wine-chocolate prison.

Ah hell, you need a break. I know a great book-wine-chocolate prison in Chicago you should come visit.

10. Blair
    May 29th, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

what a shittastic week. I'm sorry, friend 🙁

11. Steph
    May 29th, 2010 @ 8:01 pm

I am sorry you had such a crappy week!! I hope next week is better for you!! ((((HUGS))))

12. metta1313
    May 30th, 2010 @ 6:36 am

And I'm thankful I found you on the interweb!