Here’s to YOU former Employer!

Posted on | July 10, 2010 | 14 Comments

I don’t normally post on Saturdays but I felt the need to apologize to my former co-workers in the event that any of them read this.

I was bitter. I admit it. And all the little comments sort of made me question our decision to leave which I didn’t like… because decisions are hard for me. But you know what? At the end of the day, this is the right decision. And not because my former job was terrible or my former co-workers were hard to get along with, but because I’ll be making more money, living at the beach, and Husband will finally get his wish of leaving Macon.

Now for the apology. I shouldn’t have said you weren’t supportive. In fact, I’ve come to realize that a lot of the comments really were made because you honestly didn’t want me to leave. The tears, the cake, the balloon, the super-sweet card, and the beach toys for J were so sweet and didn’t need to be done. So I stand by my original thoughts that my former employer was and is a fantastic place to work.  It was hard to say goodbye on Friday, it really was. But cake helps everything… especially when one of the secretaries deemed it a “Sexy cake” with “sexy” purple plates for reasons unknown to, well… anyone. And the emails wishing me luck and offering prayers and assistance with relocation? Amazing.

I hate that I ever said you were making this harder in a bad way. The only way you have made this more difficult is by being amazingly supportive and genuinely sorry to see me go.

So thank you for a wonderful three years, former employer, and if this all fails miserably, please give me my job back.

Comments

14 Responses to “Here’s to YOU former Employer!”

1. Cara Mamma
    July 10th, 2010 @ 12:30 pm

I am so glad that your last day was filled with support and well wishes. It is always nice to know that you will be missed. Sending you easy moving vibes!

2. Carol
    July 10th, 2010 @ 1:03 pm

Wow! They must have liked you a whole lot more than me!!

3. Law Momma
    July 10th, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

Carol… they just had more notice that I was leaving b/c I went around and told everyone!! (plus, they felt bad b/c I brought them donuts as a thank you… they went out after that and got the cake.) And also the majority of it was from my lovely secretary. I have a funny story to tell you about yours. When are we doing lunch??

4. Steph
    July 10th, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

I am so behind I HAVE to catch up!! I'm glad they were supportive of you! I knew your big decisions had to do with your job but I had something else in my head entirely I think! Going to catch up on what I've missed now!

5. Anne
    July 10th, 2010 @ 2:06 pm

I am very glad you left them with closure and peace. I am even more glad that you are moving to THE BEACH! My dream 🙂

Finally, do you have any of that cake left? I'd like a piece.

6. Sherri
    July 10th, 2010 @ 8:22 pm

Glad it seems to be working out to be a better parting than you may have initially thought!

Big changes, big headaches ahead, but lots of excitement and a new chapter!

July 11th, 2010 @ 1:34 am

You are a big person and not in a size kind of way.

8. mrs.notouching
    July 11th, 2010 @ 1:41 am

Cake does make everything better 🙂 So do beaches! Here is to better brighter future filled with sand castles, sunny days and a wonderful new adventures! Cheers.

9. Diana @Hormonal Imbalances
    July 11th, 2010 @ 2:56 am

I feel like I haven't been on here in forever. 🙁 I am happy you are going somewhere that you and Husband want to be. But yes, change is hard and sucks.

We also will get nothing out of our home – if it ever sells. Isn't that awful? All the work and money you put into your little house only to give it away.

Maybe you, like me, disengage from people you care about by getting angry or finding faults to make it easier to leave? I know I do.

Love you lady.

10. Cristy
    July 11th, 2010 @ 4:07 am

Hi I just wanted to say hello as your newest follower…I found you because Bailey is going to makeover my blog and I was trying to find ones I liked…then I noticed, you're an attorney and first time mom and I can totally relate: I just graduated from law school and had my little girl 6 days after graduation!! I'm studying for the bar now which is pretty wretched. OH, also, I cuss too much too. ; )

11. metta1313
    July 11th, 2010 @ 5:57 am

Those damn emotions get you reacting in all sorts of ways you regret…that's me anyways. Glad you got some clarity after some time away from your initial reactions. I always do.

12. Fave
    July 11th, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

cakes and pies! cakes and pies!

13. Allyson
    July 11th, 2010 @ 6:02 pm

Congratulations on starting a new chapter in life! Moving from the known to the unknown is stressful and exciting so enjoy both….well, enjoy both after you have moved and are sure you like your new employer 🙂

14. Jess@StraightTalk
    July 12th, 2010 @ 7:34 pm

Ah! I am so glad to read this. I was worried. Glad you left on a good note.