I’m Common Sense challenged

Posted on | February 17, 2011 | 9 Comments

I broke my hair brush.

This is fairly significant in a lot of ways. First, without a hairbrush, I traditionally sport what can only be called a Medusa Bouffant. There are curls, but they do not resemble pretty curls. They’re more like the sort of curls you might see on a homeless woman who has been sleeping in a rat’s nest.  Without my hairbrush I feel less professional.  Even if I were to comb my hair and try to dry it without my trusty round brush, I would still feel somewhat lost under the mountain of red frizz.

Here’s the REALLY sad part.  I’m a moron.  I know, you’d like to believe that all lawyers are very smart and talented and maybe all other lawyers are. But I? Am a moron. Because I could have happily driven myself down to Target or Kroger or any number of places to purchase a new brush. But I did not do that. Because that is what a normal person would do.

I ordered a brush.

Seriously. Want me to wait a little longer so you can stop laughing? WHO ORDERS A BRUSH? The thought occurred to me that maybe I’m spending a little too much time at work if I can’t figure out FIVE MINUTES to drive my sorry ass to the store and pick up a brush. It actually seemedlike a time saver to me.  I was all “oh, I need new foundation from Sephora so I’ll just order that and get a brush from there, too.”  Two birds, one stone.  I was very proud of myself until I realized that I was going to be brushless until said order shipped and trucked it’s way down to Savannah.

Sometimes I wonder if I should hire a personal assistant. You know, someone to make my Target runs for me? Someone who could say “No. Law Momma, you are not thinking. If you order this super fancy replacement brush you will feel bad about going out and buying a cheap brush for the meantime because that would defeat the time-saving purpose of ordering a brush and would cost more money. Just go buy a stupid brush.”

Am now taking applications for someone with common sense who can keep me inline.

Comments

9 Responses to “I’m Common Sense challenged”

1. Andrea @arrrj
    February 17th, 2011 @ 2:59 pm

I’ve ordered trash bags before.

2. TheNextMartha
    February 17th, 2011 @ 3:39 pm

I totally laughed. I don’t even need a reason to go to Target. I actually break stuff myself just so I can go there to replace it.

3. TheNextMartha
    February 17th, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

It’s really too bad you don’t live closer. I could totally be your Target runner.

4. Toni
    February 17th, 2011 @ 3:57 pm

oh I totally sympathize. My family always told me I have “book smarts” but no common sense. I amaze myself with my stupidity sometimes. It’s like I go out of my way to make things more complex than they really are.

5. Leighann
    February 17th, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

Lol. Give the homeless look a whirl. Might pay off.

February 17th, 2011 @ 4:44 pm

I would help but…I purchase everything online. Including PANTS. Which you know, you should try on or something.

7. Anne @ A JD + Three
    February 17th, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

I am sending you my resume in 3…2…1…

8. Suz B
    February 17th, 2011 @ 7:02 pm

LOL! I’m with NextMartha, any reason for Target & I’m there! But I do love some online shopping too. Maybe I just love shopping 🙂

9. Elizabeth
    February 18th, 2011 @ 2:06 am

How is it you only have one brush? Email me your address and I’ll ship you one of mine. I’m a wide toothed comb kind of girl. I don’t even use a brush and I have about 7. Seriously. Go to target and get a cheap one. You can use it when you travel. That way you won’t lose your fancy dancy Sephora brush.