Rough Morning.

Posted on | February 24, 2011 | 11 Comments

I dropped my kid off at daycare today.  I didn’t want to do it.  He has a broken arm and an ear infection.  I shouldn’t have to take my kid to daycare when he has a broken arm and an ear infection.  It didn’t help that he cried and reached for me when I left.  He didn’t want me to leave.  I didn’t want to leave.

I don’t know what else to say.

It’s not fair.

It’s not right.

There has to be a better way to be a working mother.

Comments

11 Responses to “Rough Morning.”

1. Party Box Design
    February 24th, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

so so true! the life of a working mom is filled with guilt!!!!

2. Tweets that mention Rough Morning. : Law-Momma.com -- Topsy.com
    February 24th, 2011 @ 2:58 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by JennaFarelyn, LawMomma. LawMomma said: I'm having an "Alexander" kind of morning. http://fb.me/Uv2GOnk4 […]

3. KristinaYellow
    February 24th, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

Thank you for saying this. I am always torn between being a full-time mom and working, even part-time. I think we are conditioned to think that you are “just” a stay at home mom, like it’s a personal failing or the lazy choice, when it’s really really hard work. It’s a full-time, thankless job most of the time. And unpaid! I teach part-time and hate leaving her twice a week–I want to be there for her when she’s ill, when she needs a longer nap or doesn’t want to hang out with other kids. But I do enjoy teaching as well–trying to find that happy medium has proved impossible since I mostly just feel like I’m failing at both things. Motherhood is tough.

4. Jess@Straight Talk
    February 24th, 2011 @ 8:55 pm

Big fat hugs. And chocolate. And wine. And hoping you get out of the office on the dot and head to pick up your boy. xoxo

5. Ginger
    February 24th, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

Amen! We had that kind of drop off day, even though we didn’t have the broken arm or ear infection. Just the guilt.

6. K
    February 24th, 2011 @ 9:21 pm

This post broke my heart. It isn’t easy being a parent but you’re doing great, even if it doesn’t feel like it. I hope tomorrow is better.

K
    NewParent.com

7. Cheryl @ Mommypants
    February 25th, 2011 @ 12:43 am

Aw..hugs, mama.

8. MamaMeg
    February 26th, 2011 @ 1:44 am

I left sobbing one day last week myself, since I had discovery that HAD to go out and I couldn’t take my baby with 2 ear infections home, where he should have been. Luckily the husband wasn’t super busy and he left work. You are right, there MUST BE a better way.

9. Erin Branscom
    February 26th, 2011 @ 2:23 am

awwww, that sucks. I just found your blog and read that and it about made me cry. I am also a workign Momma and I know how that goes. 🙁 Hope your son’s ear infection gets better fast!

10. V
    February 28th, 2011 @ 3:10 pm

I love your blog because I’m right there with you. I have such mommy guilt and it makes me feel better to know that I’m trudging through this tough world of working and raising a child with others. I think you’re doing a great job!

11. Tiffany @MomNom