Single Successes

Posted on | June 17, 2011 | 10 Comments

What a week this has been!  I’m not too proud to say that it started off with tears and will probably end with tears, but in the middle? In the middle I had some pretty big successes.  So without further ado, here’s my list of what rocked this week:

1.  I hung three sets of vertical blinds all by myself. And trust me when I say that is a chore.

2. I survived my first two hearings with my new boss.

3. I took the stairs to and from work every day unless I was in the middle of a conversation with a co-worker.

4.  I created a new routine for laundry that seems to be working really well and the clothes aren’t piling up. (Throw a load in in the morning, throw it in the dryer that night, fold it before bed… one load a day!)

5. I planned my meals and only had to cook on Sunday to provide sort of home-cooked meals every night for dinner!

6. I bought my ex a Father’s Day present and let J “decorate” the card and envelope.

7.  I took J shoe shopping for the world’s cutest red shoes in about fifteen minutes after work.

Seriously? This week was pretty awesome.  J’s dad will pick him up at 5:30 today to take him for the weekend.  My plans are to stay in my pajamas for as long as possible, spend quality time with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, and maybe do a little writing on this novel in my head.  And yes, there will be lots of sleep, too!
What did you rock this week?

Comments

10 Responses to “Single Successes”

1. Verna
    June 17th, 2011 @ 7:33 am

Enjoy your weekend!!

2. Luna
    June 17th, 2011 @ 8:10 am

Seriously? You are amazing! Rock on girl! You have singlz skillz

3. Maria
    June 17th, 2011 @ 8:24 am

Sounds like a week FULL of successes. Try doing a little something for yourself outside the house this weekend! You might like it! But Colin as Mr. Darcy is great too!!!!

4. TheNextMartha
    June 17th, 2011 @ 10:33 am

You rocked way harder than I did. I cleaned out the garage. That’s about all I got. Oh, and I fed my kids 3,424 times this week.

June 17th, 2011 @ 10:54 am

Dude – just the blinds alone are an amazing feat!!

6. Nellie
    June 17th, 2011 @ 11:42 am

Wow, reading the previous post made me smile and wince at the same time. I have days like that and I’m not a single parent. You are doing amazingly well and it’s good to hear you finding positives, enjoy your pajamas.

7. Sarah
    June 17th, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

– I rocked an awesome potty talk session with my daughter, Talulah. (You can read about it here: http://littlemisstalulah.blogspot.com/2011/06/potty-talk.html)

– I got her to eat broccoli, which NEVER happens.

That’s pretty much it. This was actually a pretty rough week for me… But the potty talk was well worth the rest of the week.

Tonight we’re going to make a Father’s Day present for Talulah’s dad so she has something to give him when he picks her up on Sunday. Hopefully that will be our third success.

Have a fabulous weekend in your pj’s with Colin Firth!

8. Law Momma
    June 17th, 2011 @ 12:41 pm

That sounds like two big successes to me!! We’re total rock stars.

9. amw
    June 18th, 2011 @ 12:23 am

i am so glad to hear you had a great week 🙂 i have been working out this week and i am actually going to keep up with it (yayyy finally). I hope you have a fantastic weekend, i know you will with mr. firth as mr. darcy (love it!)….

10. MamaMel
    June 19th, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

Way to go!! As a used-to-be Single Mom, I LOVE your laundry suggestion!! I’ve been struggling with laundry since the day my baby boy was born (who is now 7), and this has been a miracle for me!!

You are amazing and I feel (and have felt) your pains and joys with you. So many good thoughts coming your way!!