Single Successes

Posted on | July 29, 2011 | 11 Comments

Oh Friday, how I’ve longed for you since… Sunday.  And now you’re here and the air conditioning is broken in my office and I find myself in an outfit that doesn’t quite match.  But let’s put all that aside and love each other anyway, because you brought me a glorious mix of music on my iPhone this morning, including the unedited Perfect by Pink, live Bouncing ’round the Room, and Daisy Dukes.  Yes… those three songs.  In order.

So let’s get down to business… what rocked about this week?

1. I chopped down the rose bush in the back yard single-handedly.

2. I lost four and a half pounds. In a week.  BOOM BOOM BOOM!

3.  I cleaned my office so it no longer feels like there might be a hobo living under all the paper on my desk.

That’s all I can muster this week.  It wasn’t a bad week, to be honest, but it was mostly just “status quo.” Although to be honest? I’m rocking the status quo so maybe that should be on the list?  How about you?  Take some time to think about what didn’t suck this week… it will make your weekend feel a lot lighter, swear.

Comments

11 Responses to “Single Successes”

1. Amberlee
    July 29th, 2011 @ 8:38 am

I’m glad you had a great week. I’m jealous you chopped the bush down…I need to do it in my backyard, but it’s SOO HOT!!
    I’ve lost 3 pounds, great job on your weight loss.
    You give me strength for everything I’m going through.

2. Law Momma
    July 29th, 2011 @ 8:45 am

Atta girl!!! And yeah, it is BLAZING hot. I only got it done because I was up at 7am on Saturday and Sunday and J was out of town. 😉

3. Lindsey
    July 29th, 2011 @ 8:45 am

My middle kid turns 3 today and she’s awesome.

I wrote three federal briefs and almost finished a 16-page state pleading and I’m proud of them, especially since I really don’t consider legal writing one of my strengths.

My husband is having a rough week and I am trying beyond my energy level to cheer him up.

4. Law Momma
    July 29th, 2011 @ 8:53 am

Lindsey? Rockstar. That is a shit ton of writing to do in one week. Amazing.

5. Maija @ Maija's Mommy Moments
    July 29th, 2011 @ 10:08 am

I think “rocking the status quo” is something that should be celebrated more often than not.

Congrats on a great week!

6. Amanda
    July 29th, 2011 @ 10:15 am

Let’s not forget taking your animals to work day, which I assure you made the week for many people who got to see Mickey photo copying his hind parts. It certainly made my day.

July 29th, 2011 @ 10:15 am

I’m pretty positive there’s a hobo living in my closet. How else does it keep getting so dirty?

8. KristinaYellow
    July 29th, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

I’m pumped that I didn’t let my parents lay a huge guilt trip on me for something that was out of my control.
    I’m excited that I actually got out of the house with my 2.5 yr old and had a play date with our neighbors.
    I’m really happy that I didn’t cry when I got my nerve shots for migraines and have set an appt for botox (which scares the bejebus out of me since it’ll be painful and a ton of shots).
    I’m happy that I made some progress on one class that I’ll teach in the fall and agreed to teach another one-a challenge to myself.

9. Roxanne
    July 29th, 2011 @ 1:27 pm

4.5 pounds? Way to go!

My Single Success for this week is that I finally got myself back into my fiction writing. I’ve gotten off track, blogging about my mundane and complaint filled life. I forgot that the writing I really love to do, is fiction.

And? I’ve completed 7 days of the 30 Day Shed, gone for 2 bike rides and 3 runs. I feel GREAT.

10. Rachel @ The House of Burks
    July 29th, 2011 @ 1:38 pm

And I awoke! And faintly bouncing around the room the echo of whomever spoke!

That song makes me happy.

11. Carol
    July 31st, 2011 @ 9:43 pm

“rockin the status quo” – Love. It. Congrats on the 4.5 lbs! We need to get together soon so i can see how fabulous I know you look!