Single Successes

Posted on | September 2, 2011 | 7 Comments

I’ve bailed on remembering what successes I had the last few weeks because I was having a hard time seeing the forest for the trees… the big, nasty, old and scary trees… but my horizon is clearing up a bit and I’d like to pick up where I left off.

This week hasn’t been perfect and I’ve certainly had some ups and downs.  But there were some big highlights to the week and since it’s Friday, I think we should focus on those!

1. I started creating a patio area in the back corner of my yard… all by myself.  I planted two shade plants and dug the hole for the pavers to go.  I laid the stepping stones but haven’t had the money to buy the actual pavers for the patio.  So it’s slow going, but it’s going!

2. I got a bonus at work.  Which isn’t exactly a success of my own accord, but it certainly makes paying the bills all that much easier!

3. I cooked on Sunday, polenta, quinoa, and a giant loaf of banana bread, and J and I have eaten off of those, chicken fingers and mac ‘n cheese every day!

So yeah… it’s not amazing stuff, but we’re making it work every day.  And that’s what matters… making it work.  Every day.

What was great about your week, other than just the fact that we all survived and are facing a LONG weekend? 🙂

Comments

7 Responses to “Single Successes”

1. Roxanne Piskel
    September 2nd, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

Congrats on your successes! My single success for this week was Wednesday night when I had a choice. I felt myself starting to wallow in despair. So I threw some shoes on and took my boy for a walk. It turned into the best evening ever. I blogged about it. It was wonderful. Turned my mood right around. 🙂

2. Anonymous
    September 2nd, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

That’s awesome. What will power! 🙂 I need a little of your spunk…

3. Lola M.
    September 2nd, 2011 @ 3:44 pm

Single success: Managing to get fantastic Blackberry photos of hot air balloons over my town – on the way to work (late, as usual) – without causing any major accidents. For my hard work I had bubbles blown to me from a gorgeous multicolored balloon floating only 30 feet above! Totally worth being late for!

4. Anonymous
    September 2nd, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

Oh how fun!!!!!

5. beachmum
    September 2nd, 2011 @ 11:56 pm

I made it through a hurricane and the first week of school. Oh, and L had roseola. I am drinking a beer as I type this…..

6. Sara
    September 3rd, 2011 @ 1:22 am

I couldn’t comment on your last post, but I have to say I love “haphazard little feet” – that made me smile.

My biggest success this week was making a cleaning schedule and sticking to it – so huge for us in a pathetic sort of way. Oh! And blogging about something that happened this week and not months ago – that was big for me too. 🙂

7. mike l
    September 15th, 2011 @ 1:14 am

I only wish my wife would want to come back. We’ve been married 11 years and one day i come home and everything is gone. no fight, no we need a change talk… nothing. i have no closure. she’s been gone a little over a month, she moved back with her parents and is already on match.com looking to start dating again. At least we didnt have kids.