Back to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming…

Posted on | April 17, 2012 | 25 Comments

Well then.

That was… therapeutic?  Helpful?  Ridiculously long-winded and semi-cathartic?

Yes, all of the above.  I spent the better part of a week unpacking the heavy bags of divorce and stacking them out for you all to read and judge.  I poured out my heart and soul and angst and tears and then it was finished.

This morning, I found myself sitting in front of a blank screen, placing my fingers against black keys and wondering “What else is there to say?”

And then I laughed aloud, startling myself and probably my office mates because I realized that this is just the beginning of something wonderful.  This is the start of the rest of my life… not the ending of a story.  I laughed because, while it may not pull in the readers or engross you all with the sheer “Oh my God why is she TELLING us that” of it all… it is still my life.  J is learning to pee in the potty.  Riley is still biting at my ankles and ripping my favorite pants.  AJ is getting older and grayer and less lively with each passing day.

And I am thriving.

I am no longer merely surviving.  I am tall and strong and proud.  I am happy and loved and surrounded by the inherent beauty of being alive, being single, being a mother.

So what comes next may not be all that exciting.  At least not to you.

But it will be pure magic to me.

Comments

25 Responses to “Back to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming…”

1. Allison
    April 17th, 2012 @ 9:41 am

Oh my gosh, this made me want to cry. It is therapeutic & helpful & I love your attitude 🙂

2. Lawmomma77
    April 17th, 2012 @ 10:53 am

Thanks!! No tears… not unless they are happy tears. Divorce is so hard, but coming out the otherside is like an awakening of the soul.

3. Mrs Trophywife
    April 17th, 2012 @ 9:41 am

What a brave thing to do. I hope you feel some relief from spilling your story. I know it helps me (and I’m sure all your readers) understand just what kind of heartbreaking pain you’ve experienced. It’s also amazing to see you rally and thrive after ready what you’ve been through, and I can’t wait to see what life has to offer you now. I bet it’s something pretty amazing.

4. Lawmomma77
    April 17th, 2012 @ 10:53 am

Oh I so hope so!

5. Mom on a Line
    April 17th, 2012 @ 9:50 am

I find this post the most exciting one of the week. Picking yourself up and moving into the future ready, with your head high, that is the hard part and that is interesting. Thank you for sharing and still thinking of you and that sweet little boy.

6. Lawmomma77
    April 17th, 2012 @ 10:53 am

🙂 Thanks, lady! I am so excited for my next chapter!

7. lawmhcgirl
    April 17th, 2012 @ 9:51 am

I look forward to reading what comes next. The best part of the story! Rock on LawMomma….Rock On! Thank You for being so honest and brave and open…

8. Lawmomma77
    April 17th, 2012 @ 10:52 am

I think so, too! As my dear friend Tracy said “Next up, ‘single momma seeking sweet, kind, devoted lover of children and dogs and most especially law momma.'”

9. Alecia
    April 17th, 2012 @ 9:57 am

Exactly…what comes next is the BEST part. It’s good to see the shattered and in-pieces momma, become this strong, positive, ready to move forward momma!

10. Lawmomma77
    April 17th, 2012 @ 10:51 am

I am so ready to throw my arms open and embrace all of this… feels good!

11. Mommyattorney
    April 17th, 2012 @ 10:19 am

It is great to haer that the best is yet to come.

And potty success? There is nothing greater to a parent (thus far, I’ve found). Because PT is horrible. HORRIBLE.

So way to go! And way to go J!

12. Lawmomma77
    April 17th, 2012 @ 10:51 am

Oh we’re only just beginning. He’s awfully young for a boy…

13. mom
    April 17th, 2012 @ 10:44 am

Music to a mother’s ears……….for sure there is much magic ahead for you and your sweet boy.

14. Lawmomma77
    April 17th, 2012 @ 10:54 am

Thanks, mom. 🙂

15. Bb
    April 17th, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

Your ex is a douche !!!!! A huge one

16. notmommyoftheyear
    April 17th, 2012 @ 1:22 pm

I’ve never really known what words I could use that would be of any help to you, but this post makes me realize you don’t need help. It was all just something you had to get through, and you did. And you kicked its ass.

Some of your posts over the last year just ripped my heart out, feeling an ounce of the pain you must have been feeling. Your writing was so beautiful and vivid, I can’t imagine doing that while still trying to just keep going.

OK that was a long comment, when all I wanted was to give you a virutal high five!

17. Mary
    April 17th, 2012 @ 1:48 pm

Thanks for sharing the story, and welcome back. You’re doing great. Mary in NY

18. Kate Sluiter
    April 17th, 2012 @ 3:07 pm

This post makes my heart happy.

19. Jennifer
    April 17th, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

You rock!!

20. Jackie Henson
    April 17th, 2012 @ 11:53 pm

so proud of you coming this far and for sharing with us all an extremely personal and hard time in your life, all that matters is you & J, as long as your happy & he is happy thats what is important.

21. R's Mom
    April 18th, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

Reading this makes me so, so happy for you. I don’t often comment, but have been reading your blog since almost the beginning. Some of your posts last year really tugged at my heart. I could tell you were in so much pain and were struggling so much…and as much as I wanted to tell you that you would push through, and there would be light at the end of the tunnel, I knew that would just sound contrite — and also ridiculous coming from someone not living your life.

You weathered the storm and the nightmare, and from your writing, it is readily apparent that you have not only emerged on the other side…but you are stronger for it. You are not the same person as you were a year ago, and you deserve wonderful things in your future.

Hugs, and good luck. And pass on that postcard I sent you to someone else struggling…I think you found your wings! 🙂

22. Ruthie
    April 18th, 2012 @ 11:22 pm

This may have been my favorite things you’ve written. Thanks for pulling back the curtain.

23. Griffitts
    April 19th, 2012 @ 12:39 am

Welcome to the rest of your life, you have such adventures ahead of you!!

24. Kir
    April 20th, 2012 @ 3:07 pm

I have read every single post, I have sat in quiet awe at your heart, your strength, your amazing way of making the very best of your life…and your son is so very lucky to have you. This series has been eye opening and heart opening for me too. I read you often, but in the last week or so, I’ve felt so much MORE respect for you.

xo

25. Butterflies740
    April 22nd, 2012 @ 8:15 pm

I have read your story over the last year and am so thrilled to read this post! Stay strong! You are teaching your son and so many others So much about life!