The One Where I Make The Recession my B$tch… sort of

Posted on | July 16, 2010 | 10 Comments

We’re in a recession, right? A lot of people are unemployed and Husband and I were gearing up to enter into the unknown. We had discussed the fact that Husband would need to remain here, with our house, and his job until he found something in Savannah. To be honest, we didn’t know how long that would be or if he would end up working back at Home Depot to help pay the bills.

And then … a miracle. As of 5:45 last night, Husband is gainfully employed, making MORE money in Savannah than he currently does.

Y’all? I think it’s safe to say we are headed right to where we are supposed to be.

Do we have a place to live? Well, no.  Do we have a set daycare? Okay, no. But damn. We’re both employed. And we only knew we were moving last Tuesday. How’s that for a job market!?

Enough about that.

I’ve been packing like a mad woman. Everything in my living room is packed. Everything in my dining room is packed. I may have a little hangover from my fun new packing game, but that’s okay. I decided I would get more packing done and have more fun doing it if I poured a glass of wine.

And then after a little while, I realized I might get even MORE done if I allowed myself a second glass… you know, as a reward for finishing a room. So I may have had a little buzz by dinner. Don’t judge me, I’m operating under extreme stress. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a glass of wine before lunch.. right?

I also took all of the wonderful feeding advice you guys provided and we had spaghetti for dinner… including J! He seemed to really love it and at one point he was dying laughing while shoveling fistfuls of noodles at his face. So thank you guys!!!!!!

Sorry I don’t have much else to say today but … yeah. It was a good day. And now it’s back to the grindstone of packing, searching for housing, and filling out paperwork. Good times.

Comments

10 Responses to “The One Where I Make The Recession my B$tch… sort of”

1. Suzanne
    July 16th, 2010 @ 12:23 pm

Congrats on the gainful employment! That's pretty amazing, especially in this economy. I'm sure by next week you'll have the most adorable southern style house with a kindly old grandmother who bakes cookies every day next door and totally volunteers to watch the baby for free just because she loves kids so much. Fingers crossed!

2. Jess@StraightTalk
    July 16th, 2010 @ 1:55 pm

That is utterly amazing!

How's J doing with all the moving and packing? Is he getting weirded out?

Good luck with the house hunt!

3. Nicci @ Changing the Universe
    July 16th, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

That's fantastic! Congrats hubby!

Good luck with everything! I'm sure things will all work out!

PS: I love spaghetti night with Aric! He's such a little Italian 🙂

4. Eliza
    July 16th, 2010 @ 3:36 pm

I absolutely think that this move is going to be great! Everything is falling in to place!

I love the wine drinking packing game!!!

July 16th, 2010 @ 3:45 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That is all.

6. Anne
    July 16th, 2010 @ 4:43 pm

That is so great! Who hoo!

7. I'm Molly
    July 16th, 2010 @ 5:26 pm

This is so great! I kicked the economy's ass too and got a job 12 days post partum!!! I hope things start looking up for more people too.

8. TheNextMartha
    July 16th, 2010 @ 7:23 pm

How great is all of that! So happy for you. I've never been to Georgia but I hear it's wonderful.

9. metta1313
    July 17th, 2010 @ 5:44 am

Sounds like the stars are all aligned for you…even those wine stars! So happy for you!

10. Cybil
    July 17th, 2010 @ 10:42 am

It's all meant to be! Congrats to both of you! Oh btw – when you are done packing, can you make a little trip up here to the Burgh and help me pack too?? I will even pay the packing game with you!