McFatty Monday

Posted on | January 3, 2011 | 10 Comments

Oh. Hello again! It’s time for the first McFatty Monday of the new year. And honestly? I am SO glad I started before New Years! Basically, my goal through the holidays was just to maintain. I wanted to make smarter choices and get up and move a little more. I wanted to cut back on my diet coke addiction and lose my nightly glass of wine (not entirely, just cutting back).
And the cool thing is, I feel better already. My back isn’t hurting quite as much, and best part? I’ve actually lost weight! Yep, you read that right. I started out wanting to lose 20 pounds and I’ve already dropped 1.8!! OVER THE HOLIDAYS! And I think most of it is because of dropping the diet coke in favor of water and my funny new plan of doing 10 lunges in the restroom every time I have to go to the bathroom. Sure, I look like a moron but so far no one has caught me in the act and it makes me feel like I’m doing something active.

I’ve also been trying to get out after work or on the weekends and take J either for a walk (during the week) or to the playground (on the weekends). This has a dual purpose… I get exercise and he gets to have fun that doesn’t include his newest favorite activities of watching Shrek over. and. over. and. over. or throwing all of the pieces to his kitchen at my head. I should also admit that I made Christmas dinner on Friday and my favorite cheese ball for football on Saturday. And folks? I ate that cheeseball. Like… all of it. In two days. With VERY limited help from Husband. (I think he ate one cracker.) So I’m just a touch… well… let’s put it this way… last night at the hospital, Husband was about to shoot me! I stank the place up, y’all. It was embarrassing.

So maybe I should cut back on the cheese, huh? And on top of that, I have a new goal and I’m throwing it out there so you all can help me stay accountable to it. I want to run in the November Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon in Savannah. That gives me 11 months to prepare and I should be able to do that without too much trouble. If you’re up for it, join me! Savannah is a great city and we can always walk a little if we need to. (and I’m sure I’ll need to!)

How are your McFatty plans coming? Are you finding it easier or harder than you thought?

For the new year, since the holidays have passed, my goal is to incorporate more water and to get to the gym at least one day this week. I know, one day doesn’t sound like a lot, but J has pneumonia… yeah…. you read that right. We were in the hospital last night until 3 am and he’s still got a fever this morning. But that’s a post for later. For now, what other goals can we work on to drop these pounds?

STATS:

Weight: +18.2

Mood: worried, wowed, and well, gassy.

Comments

10 Responses to “McFatty Monday”

1. Krista C
    January 3rd, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

I don’t think I have ever commented on the blog before but we have talked a few times on twitter (kecameron. Great job loosing weight over the Holidays!! I start my quest to loose 20lbs today and I’m also cutting out Diet Coke…this is not going to be easy because it is my biggest vice!

The race sounds like fun, maybe I’ll talk to the hubs about it…we aren’t too far from Savannah.

Hope J feels better!! Pneumonia is rough on the babes and the mama!! Take care of both of you.

2. Mommy C
    January 3rd, 2011 @ 6:25 pm

So sorry J is sick! That can’t be any fun. Congratulations on the weight loss though! I don’t think I will ever lose weight over the holidays, but liked your “maintaining” goal.

3. Shelley
    January 3rd, 2011 @ 6:51 pm

I started my McFatty diet today. So far doing OK minus the piece of cheesecake at lunch. I’ve had one cup of tea and the rest water. I ate a Healthy Choice steamers meal for lunch. Stupid cheesecake.

From September 2009 to August 2010 I lost 50 pounds. Well, I gained about 15 back. I want the 15 gone and another 15. I only gained 7 pounds while I was pregnant in 2007. I was already overweight to begin with. After birth I lost another 20 pounds. Then I got the Mirena IUD and I gained 68 pounds in 1 year. So even after losing the 50 pounds, I was around my delivery date weight. Embarrassing!

Water is most certainly the key. My doctor told me 80 oz a day when you are trying to lose weight. I used to line 4 20oz bottles of water on my desk each morning and my goal was to drink 2 before lunch time, 1 at lunch and 1 before I left. Then I could have tea or something with dinner and not feel bad about it.

I quit drinking soda when I got pregnant (the thought of it made me want to vomit). I didn’t drink it for a long time and then I started again. It’s time to quit it. I already have a headache from the withdrawl.

4. Erin
    January 3rd, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

Hey there – I’m a McFatty Follower too – I am so incredibly impressed that you are DOWN after the holiday!! I gained 4 lbs in one day – it’s hard to believe but it’s true.

so…I am McFatty-ing up…Stay strong:)

5. Cecelia Winesap
    January 3rd, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

I laughed out loud at the thought of possibly walking in the bathroom and seeing someone doing lunges. With that said, I think it is genius and will be starting this tomorrow morning. 🙂

6. Joanne
    January 3rd, 2011 @ 11:55 pm

I did my Mcfatty post today too if you wanna read it:) My goal over the holidays was to really pay attention to what I ate, try to get the REAL picture and it wasn’t pretty. I’m doing mine slowly because I find if I try to cut all at once I fail so I’m hoping that helps!

Water is soo important. I bought myself a nice lil water bottle to take to work with me. I read that technically you are suppose to take your weight divide by 2 and that’s how many oz of water your suppose to drink a day. I thought that was kinda interesting.

So sorry to hear that J is sick 🙁 I hope he gets better soon!

7. Diana @Hormonal Imbalances
    January 4th, 2011 @ 2:31 am

I’m eating cheese as we speak – er, as I write. Straight to my thighs…

Anyway, it sounds like you are doing awesome and I am so proud of you. I’ll look forward to seeing the new you when I come visit this spring. 🙂

8. Anne @ A JD + Three
    January 4th, 2011 @ 2:43 am

Way to go! One day a week may not sound like a lot to some, but it is a step in the right direction. You will up it when you figure out your schedule and when poor little J gets better.

I am starting to do workout videos at home with my husband – great way to stay in check! I will be back running soon too. You want to run a half, right? I can’t wait to read about it!

Go law momma 🙂

9. Alexandra
    January 5th, 2011 @ 2:07 pm

{Head hanging}

My name is Alexandra, and I am a McFatty Follower.

KLZ sent me.

10. Tiffany @MomNom
    January 5th, 2011 @ 4:24 pm

Way to go, maintaining through the holidays! I’ so glad I started before New Year too! Even though I have considerably more to lose than you, I know we’ll do it! I can taste it! Or, Um. Shit.

Maybe not taste.