I’m Having a Week.

Posted on | November 2, 2011 | 7 Comments

This is one of those weeks when I’m just going through the motions.

I don’t know if it’s the changing weather or the news from a friend or if it’s just the product of one too many nightmares, but this week is dragging.

No, correct that, I am dragging.

I pull myself out of bed in the mornings and put on my smile.  I get J to school and kiss him good bye.  I come to work and I go through the motions of being a lawyer, day in and day out.  But it’s one of those weeks when I feel as though I’m dragging the weight of the world behind me on a sled and the driver is not so little and no so light with the whip.  Seasonal depression? Maybe.  Seasonal annoyance? Probably.

Other than my child, absolutely every person on this earth is currently on my last nerve.  There is not enough coffee and when there is, it is either too strong or too weak.  Whatever I bring for lunch is not what I wanted when I sit down to eat it and do not even get me started on dinner.  It’s one of those weeks where I want to throw up my hands and yell “I QUIT!” to life and just stay bundled up under the covers with my toddler, pretending we’re camping in a tent.   I don’t want to meet new clients, I don’t want to take phone calls, I don’t want to solve problems.  I just want to breathe.  It feels like that should be enough.  At least for this week.

It’s just… one of those weeks.

Comments

7 Responses to “I’m Having a Week.”

1. Anonymous
    November 2nd, 2011 @ 9:15 am

I am feeling the same way. Especially the part about every person on earth being on my last nerve. Hugs!

2. MaconMom
    November 2nd, 2011 @ 10:21 am

Must be in the air. I’m having one of those weeks and so are several colleagues. I’m easily annoyed by other people.

For lunch today, I packed bread to make a pb&j and put the jar of peanut butter in Monkey’s daycare bag. The same daycare that has sent home a note weekly telling me my 19 month old was not “listening well” to his teachers. Really? He’s not even 20 months old yet. Is he even supposed to listen well at this point?!

But, I digress… sorry about that.
    Back to my “case of the Mondays” on Wednesday.

Wishing you a peaceful day!

3. Practical Paralegalism
    November 2nd, 2011 @ 11:02 am

Sending big, big virtual hugs, and (I know unasked for 🙂 advice from someone who’s seen almost half a century: “This too shall pass.” It will and things will look brighter.

Have you checked your Happy Mail recently?

4. Roxanne Piskel
    November 2nd, 2011 @ 11:59 am

Oh honey, I know this. So well.

Sending you lots of love and strength to help you get through this week.

5. Heather Griffitts Clark
    November 2nd, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

It must be in the air. I could have written this post myself. Hang in there.

6. Amy Sheppard
    November 2nd, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

I had one of those weeks last week! Here’s to hoping next week is better.

7. Kristinayellow
    November 2nd, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

I’m sorry 🙁 Hopefully you were able to enjoy tricks or treat with J–did he have a cute outfit? My little one was sick but HAD to go. She refused to wear the hood (she was a zebra) so she looked like a decapitated zebra. Her little friend was the Cat in the Hat–but everyone thought she was a penguin wearing a tie. Teehee.
    This week is almost over–gotta fake it til you make it right? 🙂 Next week will be better….just think, extra hour of sleep this weekend!!!